What a treat to log in this morning and find this on my dashboard:
Warm gratitude to The [Ex-] Witch Next Door‘s author Hazel Harker for passing along this lovely virtual hug, The Beautiful Blogger Award. Hazel, like so many of us, is evolving full time… a mother and seeker, she experiences life, love and philosophy through a wide open mind and shares her wisdom candidly and honestly with us on her blogs. A real gem. You can read more of her musings on Love You, Love Me.
My job now is to share 7 things about me and pass this award along to others whose writings give me the warm-fuzzies.
1. I have had the Tab soda jingle stuck in my head since 1983. “Ooh eee ooh aah aah Tab tastes walla walla bing bang.” Sometimes I walk to the beat of it.
2. I love hot yoga because it makes me feel like Gumby. But not green. And not weird.
3. I have the fastest metabolism in the east. If digestion was an Olympic sport I’d win gold. Move over Michael Phelps.
4. I like the smell of skunks. Is that totally gross?
5. I had a major crush on Gopher from The Loveboat when I was about 4 years old.
6. I elected to have natural childbirth with all three of my kids. Totally empowering! Roar!
7. I can burp really loud.
Strangely, this was my alternate “thing” to share – “When I was little I used to tell people I wanted to be a stripper when I grow up.” Then I realized that the nature of blogging is very similar to stripping, therefore I may very well be achieving my lifelong dream (haha). It’s just that instead of stripping my clothes and filling my undies with money, I’m stripping my ego and filling my heart with peace. [Note: I had no idea what a stripper was when I was a kid. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.]
Okay, blogs to nominate…
Loving Bytes by Jennifer Williams – a perfect blend of great writing, lessons in mindfulness and delicious recipes… Yummmmmm.
Inner Mentor by Poppy and Anna – just came across this one recently and it made me smile. Where fashion meets godliness.
DOA Konsult by Raunak Mahajan – a smart, thoughtful guy with big ideas, fearlessly covering the unmentionables: politics and religion (and more).
To the Soul by Blake Bergen – amazing amazing. I love Blake’s portraits. He photographs everyday people and through his lens, there is an opportunity to look through the gateway to the soul. I am you, you are me feeling. Love it.
Young American Wisdom by Nancy – holy crap, this woman is hilarious, a star on the rise. Beauty is everywhere, most definitely in laughter and motherhood.
Words That Serve by Harula Ladd – peaceful, poetic, purposeful. Harula just oozes good-spiritedness.
Living Livelier by Deb DePeter & Becky Tellefsen of Bryant Park Designs – two inspiring women who create beauty through interior design. Always something interesting to read and pretty pictures to peruse.
Many thanks and much love from mine to yours!